Kamryu4 months ago
Somehow I get the feeling Souya is attracted to Ea. If the current Souya is seeing Ea as Yukikaze’s replacement. Does that mean he was attracted to her as well? Wincest?
Thanks for reading and commenting, Kamryu! Well, there's an answer to your question. However, it'll be a spoiler, so I can't answer~~~
jinhanama783 months ago
Honestly I'd like him to get Ea as his wife cuz when they're both together having their lovey dovey time, they sure do seem like a realistic couple to me, more than when he's together with Rana. Not that I'm against but I'd feel pretty sad if Ea were to get hooked on somebody else romantically..
BoomerGeezer6 months ago
Comic Genius I tell you! Rana is sooo easy to prank! Btw, several times the word “bully” Read more has been used in contexts where an American English user would say “tease”. Bully has only negative connotations where “tease” is, at minimum, less malevolent, and often affectionate in this context (as I suspect you know). You, in my experience, are far and away the most knowledgeable, thoughtful, nuanced, and literary of the translators I’ve read. My respect for you as a “man (person) of letters” is great. All of which I said to ask why do the Japanese use bully in a somewhat affectionate context? Show less
Thanks for reading and commenting, BoomerGeezer! Urghh, the pangs of conscience...... I'll be upfront here, it's my mistake. That said, the sentence is not what you expect here, and I still struggled for about 15 mins over how to put it in the way that reflects how the author worded it. However, thank you for pointing it out, it helped me fix a mistake! Read more As for your question, it's because Japanese is a purposely vague language that relies on context greatly, unlike English, where every shade of meaning has a different word for it. So, it's up to the readers(and translators) to interpret whether it's "bully" or "tease". Show less
BoomerGeezer6 months ago
Thanks! Translating Japanese must be like solving puzzles. I like most puzzles, but my Irish American soul demands “upfrontness” in communication. Read more Makes me realize how much I owe you. I’m 5 months or more behind your real life events curve but I’ve figured out how to boost my monthly support to 5 bucks starting next month, a mere pittance I know, but “reasons” means retired, pension, Social Security, fixed income, minimal discretionary funds, wife the comptroller. Good reads are my highest value! Show less
Unfortunately, things only got worse lol. This is pre "Let's go Brandon" after all. But please do not stretch your finances too much, I'm definitely ok with whatever is comfortably within your means. And every little bit really counts. it may be a small amount individually, but when there are more people, it becomes a big amount.
And yes, you've put it very aptly. Sometimes, it's like a puzzle. But the biggest challenge is when I know the author has purposely worded it vaguely to spring a twist on the readers later but I can't do the same as English grammar requires me to put something specific...it can be quite the struggle to try and change the sentence in such a way that allows me to not have to reveal that specific thing while also making sure it doesn't sound like I'm high or something. XD
BoomerGeezer6 months ago
Thanks for understanding, Solo. But I have enough intellectual and moral integrity left to remind myself you are doing all the hard work and I’m reaping the benefits. A minor sacrifice on my part is the minimum of being properly honorable. Read more If it is not offensive, you have been added to my prayers. BTW I rate your moral, intellectual, and Artistic Integrity high, Solo. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Show less
It's folks like you that make it possible for me to do what I do. I teared up a little. I really can't express how grateful I am to all those who support me in any way. And no, I'm honored. Thank you so much.
Khang11 months ago
Thanks for chapter
Thanks for reading and commenting, Khang! (^ ^)
Yodathethinker11 months ago
This chapter was heart warming Thanks
Thanks for reading and commenting, Yodathethinker! Yeah, it's nice to see what the party thinks of him.
SecondhandFrag1 year ago