Akime yuko7 months ago
Sigh, I really don’t want jinyu to be a villain.. I hope this novel would break the stereotype of switched at birth trope where both children can be friends or at least just live their own life without jealousy and greed
Akime yuko7 months ago
Chronos58842 weeks ago
Agreed. There's no need to just turn one into a villain to make readers hate on one and love the other. I hope for something more nuanced, deep and complex than that. After all, the other child is also a victim who had no control over this, and who can let go of the parents they love instantly after hearing they're not biological? If she could let go of them instantly I'd have questions about the bonds between them. Blood relations doesn't mean you'll love, support, and take care of each other, and lack of blood relations also don't mean you can't love, support, and take care of each other. I like Yao-shi because she insists on trying to properly discuss it with the individuals involved and listening and respecting the wishes of those involved.
Akime yuko7 months ago
Leikr7 months ago
Ah, its always the human heart and greed. This not so little calculation on her part makes it really hard to empathaze with her, but hey since its CN novel she will always have a role in the emperor's, prince's harem or hey mayber her father's harem if she's that desperate but I hear that she has brothers so...(yeah I have read some novels before that the adopted daughter climbed her adopted father, uncle or bother's cause they're "pure" and lovable)
Yu1 year ago
Thanks for the update
kahluadragon1 year ago
I did hope Gu Jinyu could have been written as sympathetic character who is now homeless and rootless
JazmineGwapa1 year ago
That's maybe the reason why she's favored by imperial consort🙃, Thanks for the chapter ☺️